Composites in Sustainable Mobility
Symposium on the challenges and solutions available for the future
How will composites materials support the future of mobility, and what can we learn from current trends and innovations? Join the Symposium on 30th of January 2019.
Programme Part 1
- 09:30 Welcome, coffee & sandwiches
- 10:00 Opening address on behalf of Agoria by Wouter Geurts (Agoria)
- 10:05 Intro "Composites in Sustainable mobility" and "Fibre Fixed" by Ignaas Verpoest (KU Leuven)
- 10:20 Vision on Sustainable Mobility by Ichiro Taketa, Toray; Shpresa Kotaji, Huntsman; Ludovic Odoni, Solvay
- 12:00 The "Eco-calculator" (EUCIA)
- 12:15 Lunch
Programme Part 2: Case studies
- 13:10 Robert Boehm, TU Dresden: "Lightweight solutions for tomorrow's urban mobility: FiF, InEco, trace
- 13:30 Willem T'Hooft, Formula Electric Belgium (KULeuven) on "Formula Electric Belgium: Green innovation meets performance"
- 13:50 Michel Perraudin (Univ. Genève, Switzerland) on "Designing the Biobike and (b)mobile"
- 14:10 Peter Cosyn (Delair, Belgium) on "The development of the UX5 drone"
- coffee break till 15:10
Programme Part 3
- 15:10 Jan Kroon, FiberCore, NL on "Composites in bridges"
- 15:30 Dries Glorieux, Maximilian Segl (Ottobock, Germany) on "Composites in prostheses/ortheses"
- 15:50 Jan Verhaeghe (VDL) on "Composites in buses, trailers and containers"
- 16:10 Stijn Schouwenaars (Arcadis Belgium): "Future vision on ultra-light personal mobility
- 16:30 Jean-Marc Timmermans, Agoria, on "Vision on mobility in the future"
- 16:50 Concluding remarks, Linde De Vriese (Sirris/SLC)
Programme Part 4
- 17:00 Visit to the exhibition Fibre Fixed, Composites in Design and subsequent networking drink, Design Museum Gent, Jan Breydelstraat 5, 9000 Ghent